Threes Company Solitaire
Threes Company is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are eight tableaus that contain one cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the eight foundations by building them up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 10 games (10%).
Skill Level: Mostly Luck
Winning is mostly determined by luck. A small amount of skill is involved.
How to Play Threes Company
The goal of Threes Company is to move all 104 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the eight foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are eight foundations.
- Initially containing a Three in each foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit. Foundations may build around-the-corner (an Ace may move onto a King).
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the J♦ the following sequence may build on top Q♦ K♦ A♦ 2♦.
- There are eight tableaus.
- Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♦ the following sequence may build on top 7♦ 6♦ 5♦ 4♦.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit may move together as a group.
- Any card or valid sequence of cards may move together to fill an empty tableau.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the waste, cards remain until used in a valid move.
- There is one waste.
- The waste is initially empty.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the waste remains empty until more cards move from the stock.