Three Bears Solitaire
Three Bears is played with three standard decks (156 cards). The objective is to build the twelve foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 7 in 10 games (70%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Three Bears
Move all cards to the twelve foundations.
- There are twelve foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 4♠ may move onto the 3♠ and the 4♦ may move onto the 3♦. Starting with the 4♣ the following sequence can build on top 5♣ 6♣ 7♣ 8♣.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♠ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♥. Starting with the 9♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 7♣ 6♣ 5♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- An unlimited number of passes through the stock is permitted. There is no restriction on how many times the waste can be redealt to the stock.
- The stock deals three cards face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.