Steps is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 2 in 3 games (68%).
More than 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Steps
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ J♣.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♦ and the 10♥ may move onto the J♣. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- A single redeal of the waste back into the stock is permitted. Allowing for two complete passes through the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.