Stages is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are twelve tableaus that contain one cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 9 in 10 games (90%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Stages
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 7♠ 8♠ 9♠.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♥. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♠ 2♠ A♠.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Stages: