Single Rail Solitaire
Single Rail is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are four tableaus that contain one cards each. The objective is to build the four foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 4 games (26%).
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Single Rail
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 4♠ may move onto the 3♠ and the 4♦ may move onto the 3♦. Starting with the 4♦ the following sequence can build on top 5♦ 6♦ 7♦ 8♦.
- There are four tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠, Q♥, Q♣ and Q♦. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by rank can move together as a group. The sequences can build down regardless of suit.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Single Rail: