The game starts with four foundations, four waste piles and a stock with 52 cards face-up. The goal is to move all the cards to the four foundations, building from Ace through to King by suit. A stock card can be moved to any of the waste piles regardless of existing cards, however once on the waste you may only build them down by rank.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 1 in 2 games (55%).
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Shifting
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- The four foundations are built up by suit starting with an Ace and ending with a King.
- There are four tableaus.
- Cards are moved among the four tableaus to build down by rank.
- A King may be moved to an empty tableau.
- The waste card may be moved to any tableau without building down or to build up the foundations.
Strategy & Tips
- A simple strategy is use the four waste piles to group cards from ACE-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-KING.