Sally is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to move all cards to the eight foundations by building them up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 3 in 4 games (75%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Sally
Build foundations up by the same suit and wrap around on Kings. Fill empty foundations with the same rank dealt at the beginning of the game. Build tableaus down by alternating color. Move sequences built down by alternating color together. Fill empty tableaus with Kings. Stock deals three to waste.
The goal of Sally is to move all 104 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the eight foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are eight foundations.
- Initially containing one card face up in the first foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit. Foundations may build around-the-corner (an Ace may move onto a King).
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence may build on top Q♥ K♥ A♥ 2♥.
- Empty foundation spaces may be filled with the same initial rank dealt to the first pile at the beginning of the game.
- There are nine tableaus.
- Initially containing a Klondike layout.
- The tableaus build down by alternating color.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♦ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♣. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence may build on top 8♠ 7♦ 6♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color may move together as a group.
- A King may move to an empty tableau.
- The stock deals three card face up to the waste when tapped.
- An unlimited number of passes through the stock is permitted. There is no restriction on how many times the waste can be redealt to the stock.
- There is one waste.
- The waste is initially empty.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the waste remains empty until more cards move from the stock.
There are 2 games that have a similar play style to Sally:
- Demon - Adds a reserve. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the reserve then with valid sequences. There are eight tableaus. Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- Double Canfield - Adds a reserve. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the reserve then with valid sequences. There are five tableaus. Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.