Queen Victoria Solitaire
Queen Victoria is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Fifty-fifty
Win about 1 in 2 games (50%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Queen Victoria
The goal of Queen Victoria is to move all 52 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♦ the following sequence can build on top 9♦ 10♦ J♦ Q♦.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are nine tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♦ and the J♥ may move onto the Q♣. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence can build on top 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- There is one reserve.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Queen Victoria: