Quadrangle is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are twelve tableaus that contain three cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the eight foundations by building them up by the same suit.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 10 games (10%).
More than 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Quadrangle
Build foundations up by the same suit and wrap around on Kings. Fill empty foundations with the same rank dealt at the beginning of the game. Build tableaus down by the same suit. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the waste, then the stock then with any card. Stock deals one to waste without redeals.
The goal of Quadrangle is to move all 104 cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the eight foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are eight foundations.
- Initially containing one card face up in the first foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit. Foundations may build around-the-corner (an Ace may move onto a King).
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the J♥ the following sequence may build on top Q♥ K♥ A♥ 2♥.
- Empty foundation spaces may be filled with the same initial rank dealt to the first pile at the beginning of the game.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- Initially containing three cards face up in each tableau.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♠ and the 10♥ may move onto the J♥. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence may build on top 9♥ 8♥ 7♥ 6♥.
- The top card is movable.
- Empty spaces are automatically populated with a card from the waste. When the waste is empty spaces are automatically filled from the stock. When the stock is empty any single card may move to an empty tableau.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the waste, cards remain until used in a valid move.
- There is one waste.
- The waste is initially empty.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the waste remains empty until more cards move from the stock.
There are 2 games that have a similar play style to Quadrangle:
- Cast Out Nines - Fill empty foundations with Nines. The foundations are initially empty. Fill empty tableaus with any card. There are seven tableaus. Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- Deuces - Empty foundations cannot be filled. Initially containing a Two in each foundation. Fill empty tableaus with any card. There are ten tableaus. Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.