Putt Putt Solitaire
Putt Putt is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are seven tableaus that contain five cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the one foundations by building them up or down regardless of suit.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (22%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Putt Putt
Build foundation up or down regardless of suit and wrap around on Kings and Aces. Fill empty foundation with any card. No building on the tableau. Stock deals one to foundation.
The goal of Putt Putt is to move all cards off the tableau.
- There is one foundation.
- The foundation is initially empty.
- The foundation build up or down regardless of suit. Foundation may build around either corner (an Ace may move onto a King or a King may move onto an Ace).
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♥ or the 9♣. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence may build on top K♠ A♠ K♦ Q♣.
- Any single card may move to an empty foundation.
- There are seven tableaus.
- Initially containing five cards face up in each tableau.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the tableaus remain empty.
- The stock deals one card face up to the foundation when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the foundation, cards remain until used in a valid move.
There are 2 games that have a similar play style to Putt Putt:
- All in a Row - No stock. Win by moving all to the foundation. There are thirteen tableaus. Initially containing four cards face up in each tableau.
- Ants - Win by moving all to the foundations. There are four foundations. Initially containing one card face up in each foundation. There are four tableaus. Stock deals one to each tableau.