Pantagruel is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Pantagruel
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 6♠ may move onto the 5♠ and the 6♦ may move onto the 5♦. Starting with the 6♣ the following sequence can build on top 7♣ 8♣ 9♣ 10♣.
- There are nine tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♦ and the 9♥ may move onto the 10♣. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 7♦ 6♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.