Old Carlton Solitaire
Old Carlton is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (98%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Old Carlton
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♦ the following sequence can build on top 6♦ 7♦ 8♦ 9♦.
- There are eight tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♦ and the Q♥ may move onto the K♣. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♦ 9♣.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.
There is one game with similar play style to Old Carlton: