Milligan Harp Solitaire
Milligan Harp is played with two standard decks (104 cards). The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Rules provide a challenge.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 2 in 5 games (43%).
More than 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Milligan Harp
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠ and the 3♦ may move onto the 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥.
- There are eight tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♦ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♣. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.