Little Forty Solitaire
Little Forty is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Almost every game is winnable (97%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Little Forty
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♣ the following sequence can build on top 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ J♣.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 10♠, 10♥, 10♣ and 10♦. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 7♠ 6♦ 5♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by rank can move together as a group. The sequences can build down regardless of suit.
- Two redeals of the waste back into the stock are permitted. Allowing for three complete passes through the stock.
- The stock deals three cards face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.