Lily is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are thirteen tableaus that contain four cards each.
Odds of winning: Very Low
Win about 1 in 10 games (10%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Lily
In Lily the goal is to discard cards by making complete runs from King through to Ace. Once you have created a complete run with any available suits, the cards are discarded. You win when there are no more cards remaining.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- Initially containing four rows alternating between face down and up.
- The tableaus build down by alternating color. Complete sequences of any suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the 10♠ may move onto the J♦ and the 10♥ may move onto the J♣. Starting with the 10♥ the following sequence may build on top 9♠ 8♦ 7♣.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color may move together as a group.
- A King may move to an empty tableau.
- The stock deals one card face up to each tableau when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the tableau, cards remain until used in a valid move.