Janets Bisley Solitaire
Janets Bisley is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The four foundations each contain an Ace. There are twelve tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations by building them up by the same suit.
How to Play Janets Bisley
Build ace foundations up by the same suit. Build king foundations down by the same suit. Build tableaus up or down by the same suit. Fill empty tableaus with any card.
The goal of Janets Bisley is to move all fifty-two cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
Ace Foundation Rules
- There are four ace foundations.
- Initially containing an Ace in each ace foundation.
- The ace foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 4♠ may move onto the 3♠ and the 4♦ may move onto the 3♦. Starting with the 4♦ the following sequence may build on top 5♦ 6♦ 7♦ 8♦.
King Foundation Rules
- There are four king foundations.
- The king foundations are initially empty.
- The king foundations build down by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♥. Starting with the 7♦ the following sequence may build on top 6♦ 5♦ 4♦ 3♦.
- A King may move to an empty king foundation.
- There are twelve tableaus.
- Initially containing forty-eight cards face up in the tableau.
- The tableaus build up or down by the same suit.
- For example the 9♠ may move onto the 8♠ or the 10♠. Starting with the 9♥ the following sequence may build on top 10♥ J♥ 10♥ 9♥.
- The top card is movable.
- Any single card may move to an empty tableau.
There are 2 games that have a similar play style to Janets Bisley: