How They Run Solitaire
How They Run is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain five cards each.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 2 in 5 games (40%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play How They Run
Build tableaus down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed. Any card is movable. Fill empty tableaus with Kings.
In How They Run the goal is to discard cards by making complete runs from King through to Ace. Once you have created a complete run of the same suit, the cards are discarded. You win when there are no more cards remaining.
- There are two cells.
- Initially containing one card face up in each cell.
- The top card is movable.
- Any single card may move to an empty cell.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Initially containing a custom layout.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit. Complete sequences of the same suit starting with a King and ending with an Ace are automatically removed.
- For example the J♠ may move onto the Q♠ and the J♥ may move onto the Q♥. Starting with the J♠ the following sequence may build on top 10♠ 9♠ 8♠ 7♠.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build with no restriction on their rank, suit or color.
- A King may move to an empty tableau.
There is one game with similar play style to How They Run:
- Ten Across - Adds four foundations. Win by moving all to the foundations.