Elba is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain five cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: Low
Win about 1 in 5 games (20%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♠ the following sequence can build on top 6♠ 7♠ 8♠ 9♠.
- There are ten tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♦ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♣. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by alternating color can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.
There is one game with similar play style to Elba: