Winery is played with two decks (104 cards). The first 52 cards are dealt face up among the 13 tableaus with the remaining be available in the stock. The stock deals one card to each tableau space when used, as such can be used four times. The tableaus are built down by suit and any valid sequence can be moved. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace through to King.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 1 in 2 games (55%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Eclipse
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 7♠ and the 8♦ may move onto the 7♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 9♥ 10♥ J♥ Q♥.
- There are thirteen tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠ and the 8♥ may move onto the 9♥. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♥ 6♥ 5♥ 4♥.
- Any card may move to an empty tableau.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit can move together as a group.
- The stock deals one card face up to each of the tableaus when tapped.
There is one game with similar play style to Eclipse: