Dieppe is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are eight tableaus that contain three cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Rules are easy to understand.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (88%).
5 to 10 minutes per game.
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Dieppe
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♦ the following sequence can build on top 6♦ 7♦ 8♦ 9♦.
- There are eight tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠, K♥, K♣ and K♦. Starting with the Q♥ the following sequence can build on top J♠ 10♠ 9♦ 8♣.
- A card may move from the waste to a tableau that is empty.
- Sequences of cards built down by rank can move together as a group. The sequences can build down regardless of suit.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.