Cornelius is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain four cards each. The objective is to build the eight foundations up by suit from Ace to King.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 3 in 5 games (60%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Cornelius
Move all cards to the eight foundations.
- There are eight foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 8♥ 9♥ 10♥ J♥.
- There are ten tableaus.
- The tableaus build down by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 8♠ and the 7♥ may move onto the 8♥. Starting with the 7♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♥ 5♥ 4♥ 3♥.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).
- A single redeal of the waste back into the stock is permitted. Allowing for two complete passes through the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- There is one waste.
- The top card is movable.