Ceiling Fan Solitaire
Ceiling Fan is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: High
Win about 3 in 5 games (60%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Ceiling Fan
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 7♠ may move onto the 6♠ and the 7♦ may move onto the 6♦. Starting with the 7♠ the following sequence can build on top 8♠ 9♠ 10♠ J♠.
- Cards on the foundation may be moved.
- There are eighteen tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by alternating colors.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♦ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♣. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence can build on top 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- The top card is movable.
There is one game with similar play style to Ceiling Fan: