Brown Recluse Solitaire
Brown Recluse is played with two standard decks (104 cards). There are ten tableaus that contain one cards each.
Odds of winning: Good
Win about 2 in 5 games (40%).
Skill Level: Mostly Skill
Winning is mostly determined by skill. A small amount of luck is involved.
How to Play Brown Recluse
Build tableaus down regardless of suit and wrap around on Aces. Moves sequences built down by the same suit together. Empty tableaus automatically fill from the waste, then the stock then with Kings. Stock deals one to waste without redeals.
The goal of Brown Recluse is to build complete sequences down by the same suit on the tableau.
- There are ten tableaus.
- Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- The tableaus build down regardless of suit. Tableaus may build around-the-corner (a King may move onto an Ace).
- For example the Q♠ may move onto the K♠, K♥, K♣ and K♦. Starting with the 3♠ the following sequence may build on top 2♦ A♠ K♣ Q♥.
- Sequences of cards built down by the same suit wrapping around from Ace to King may move together as a group.
- Empty spaces are automatically populated with a card from the waste. When the waste is empty spaces are automatically filled from the stock. When the stock is empty a King may move to an empty tableau.
- The stock deals one card face up to the waste when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the waste, cards remain until used in a valid move.
- There is one waste.
- The waste is initially empty.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the waste remains empty until more cards move from the stock.