Brisbane is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The objective is to build the four foundations up by the same suit.
Odds of winning: Very High
Win about 4 in 5 games (80%).
Skill Level: Balanced
Winning involves skill and luck equally.
How to Play Brisbane
Move all cards to the four foundations.
- There are four foundations.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 4♠ and the 5♦ may move onto the 4♦. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence can build on top 6♥ 7♥ 8♥ 9♥.
- Once on the foundation, the top card can continue to move as needed to build sequences on the tableau.
- There are seven tableaus.
- A King may move to an empty tableau. No other cards may move to an empty tableau.
- The tableaus build down by rank regardless of suit.
- For example the 8♠ may move onto the 9♠, 9♥, 9♣ and 9♦. Starting with the 8♥ the following sequence can build on top 7♠ 6♠ 5♦ 4♣.
- Any card or stack of cards may move together as a group. Any stack of cards may move together, regardless of their build (no restriction on rank, suit or color).