Box Fan Solitaire
Box Fan is an open game (all 52 cards are displayed face up at the beginning of the game). The four foundations each contain an Ace. There are sixteen tableaus that contain three cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations by building them up by the same suit.
How to Play Box Fan
Build foundations up by the same suit. Fill empty foundations with Aces. Build fans down by alternating color. Fill empty fans with Kings.
The goal of Box Fan is to move all fifty-two cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up by the same suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- Initially containing an Ace in each foundation.
- The foundations build up by the same suit.
- For example the 2♠ may move onto the A♠ and the 2♦ may move onto the A♦. Starting with the 2♣ the following sequence may build on top 3♣ 4♣ 5♣ 6♣.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- There are sixteen fans.
- Initially containing forty-eight cards face up in the fan.
- The fans build down by alternating color.
- For example the 5♠ may move onto the 6♦ and the 5♥ may move onto the 6♣. Starting with the 5♥ the following sequence may build on top 4♠ 3♦ 2♣.
- The top card is movable.
- A King may move to an empty fan.