Auld Lang Syne Solitaire
Auld Lang Syne is a closed game played with a single deck (52 cards). The four foundations each contain an Ace. There are four tableaus that contain one cards each. The objective is to move all cards to the four foundations by building them up regardless of suit.
Rules are easy to understand.
Less than 5 minutes per game.
Skill Level: All Luck
Winning is determined by luck. Little to no skill is involved.
How to Play Auld Lang Syne
The goal of Auld Lang Syne is to move all fifty-two cards to the foundation piles. You achieve this by building sequences of cards up regardless of suit that start with an Ace and end with a King. You win when the four foundations each contain a complete sequence of thirteen cards.
- There are four foundations.
- Initially containing an Ace in each foundation.
- The foundations build up regardless of suit.
- For example the 3♠ may move onto the 2♠, 2♥, 2♣ and 2♦. Starting with the 3♥ the following sequence may build on top 4♠ 5♠ 6♦ 7♣.
- An Ace may move to an empty foundation.
- There are four tableaus.
- Initially containing one card face up in each tableau.
- The top card is movable.
- Once empty the tableaus remain empty until more cards move from the stock.
- The stock deals one card face up to each tableau when tapped.
- A single pass through the stock is permitted. Redeals are not possible. Once on the tableau, cards remain until used in a valid move.